Miss America...

Once again I'm at a loss as to what to write. My life this past month has been so different from what it has been over the past four years. I'm living with my sister and it's like being in a family again and I love it. I love waking up and having my niece, Deena, there saying good morning, Aunt Stef. And Jenna does my laundry...ahhh...that I will miss ;). I really appreciate everything that everyone has done for me. Without their support this move wouldn't have been possible. Hmmm...now I'm feeling a bit like Miss America (maybe I'll post a fancy dress picture of me with this). I wish for world peace and harmony. Wait. Well, I do, but I'm also a realist. Okay, back to reality. I will never be Miss America. For one...I'm too old. That's probably the only thing holding me back from accomplishing that dream ;). I am laughing so hard right now, imaginary cyberspace friend, you have no idea. Okay, back back to reality. I've been debating about whether or not to write about this, so I probably shouldn't, but here goes. I've been doing the whole online dating thing. You know, you get to a certain age and just figure, why not? (Wow, that is two old comments I've made in one post...I'm really not that old...really). Well, I find it interesting how some men seem so desperate in their statements about themselves that I figure, heck, this should be easy, but they're the hardest ones to get to meet you. I've only met one of them at that turned out disastrously that it almost turned me off...wait...twice...and they both turned out disastrously. Hmmmm...maybe I should take that as a sign. Nah. When have I ever been one to listen to reason, imaginary cyberspace friend? That's right...hardly ever. And do you know why that is? It's because I am such a reasonable person to begin with that what other people consider reasonable, I have already tried and found that it is in fact not reasonable (get inside my head, it's even funner there...funner? What am I? 16?). So, back to online dating. I rarely get my hopes up when it comes to meeting people (probably why I'm still single...I had a guy pop up to chat once and he couldn't figure out why I was still single. I told him I didn't get it either until I reviewed my dating past and it all made sense after that). I still haven't found...the one. The elusive one. And maybe I never will (see past posts as to what I'm doing about it). But for now, I'm having fun...I guess. Well, as much fun as you can have being rejected by someone you've never met.

P.S. I love how my name always come up as a misspelled word. Stefanie is the correct way to spell the name! At least in my opinion and in this blog, that is the most important one there is!! Oh, and I decided to post a swimsuit picture in honor of the title. A swimsuit picture with that awful hat I loved so much in Hawaii.

Comments

  1. Who can figure out dating? It's at least a mystery to me. Online has never worked for me but you've gotten some response so go for it.
    Love the swimsuit photo. I love Hawaii!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad that you like living here! Of course, why are you moving out already? Is it because I still haven't washed your darks yet this week? I promise they will be done tomorrow!! :) You're awesome, Stef. This past month has been the best.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts