I'm Not Perfect

So, I was all gung ho about writing in my blog tonight. I was going to write about how well I'd been doing with weight loss, about how all my clothes are starting to feel loose when I ran into a snag. The snag is, I'm not perfect at this. I ate cookies last night (sure they were organic Newman's Own, but still cookies) and tonight I went to In-n-Out Burger for the first (and last) time. Here's the story of how it happened. I went to have my car inspected today so I can register it in Utah. My check engine light was on, so the guy who was going to do it warned me that I would most likely fail since it indicated something was wrong with my car. Boo. I knew my car was fine, but he told me to reset it and then I had to drive around for 115 miles just to make sure it didn't come back on (supposedly that's the magic number for the car to reset itself...bah). So, I get my light to shut off. This is all fine and dandy, but now I have to drive around for 115 miles. I don't really want to go on the freeway, so I start to drive around. I get about 30 miles in before I'm just done with driving in Utah. Okay, imaginary cyberspace friend, I was done with driving in Utah about a week ago. So, I come back to my sister's house and hang out for awhile. Watch a little Wimpy Kid and it gets done about 9:30. I go to return the movie and try to drive some more of my 115 miles. So far my check engine light has not come on. I drive down this new road called Pioneer, uh...something, which is great because there's really only a few lights until you get into American Fork (a neighboring city) and it's not the freeway. So, I'm driving, la ti da. Listening to some Chicago, when I come across In-n-Out Burger. I had always heard stories about this place. Good stories. Not the kind that make you not want to eat somewhere. I thought, Hmmm...maybe I can get a chicken sandwich or something and see what all the hubbub has always been about. So, I pull in and walk in the place. I look at the menu above the register and guess what? All they have is burgers, fries, soda or shakes. That's it. Simple, right? I should have just walked out, but instead I ordered a burger and some fries. I saw them cutting the potatoes, so it can't be all terrible, right? Ha. I love the concept of justification. I use it often and tonight I used it because my day didn't go like I had planned. I not only ate red meat (don't hate me, Jim!), but I also ate fries. I couldn't finish it because it just made me so sick. I'm sure in the world of fast food, that In-n-Out Burger is super great, but tonight it represented me not being perfect. It represented justification. It represented a stomach ache that I'd rather not have right now. All week I had been doing so good. Grrrrrr...that's all I have to say.

Comments

  1. You should join me on the no fast food pledge. Best thing ever. The only fast food I've had since March is Subway 3 times. It's been one of the best things I've done.
    Sorry you had kind of a lame day! I hope things get better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. nobody is perfect! we live on Pioneer Rd out in Whitstran so thought that was funny :) ok maybe Im a little goofy for thinking that was funny but anyways I love reading your blogs Steph!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts