Grumpy Day

I'm sitting here at my mom's house feeling a little, I don't know, grumpy? Is that the right word? It has nothing to do with my mom or anything like that, I just feel grumpy. I woke up this morning and I felt it. Have you ever felt that, imaginary cyberspace friend? I haven't felt that way for a long time. I can't remember the last time when from the moment I woke up, I wanted the day to end. I came down the stairs and saw Titus sitting on my brother-in-law's head bouncing up and down and usually that would bring a smile to my face, but I just walked on by. I might have grunted good morning, but I really think I just walked on by and climbed into the shower where I thought maybe if I just wash everything away, my bad mood will wash away with it...nope. I got out and still felt grumpy. I ate some breakfast (grapefruit and yogurt...not mood enhancing food at all). Then, I had to separate my boxes into storage boxes and boxes I want to take with me...realizing I have way too much stuff even after all the giving away and selling and downsizing. Grrrr.... I gave up my bookcases, my desk, my bed, my couch and eventually even my chest of drawers aren't going with me. Only taking one box of books. No Christmas stuff (I told my mom I'm not celebrating Christmas this year). The list goes on and on. Most of this stuff is stored (haha...the storage my mom rented for her kids stuff has a corner for Matt, a small stash for Sara, a little bit bigger stash for Melanie and one side for me. Ugh). Back to my grumpy day. Once I was done separating these boxes, I have to take off for the Tri-Cities because I still have to get the last bit of stuff out, take one more load to Goodwill and vacuum. Halfway between Prosser and Kennewick, I realize...my car is still loaded with stuff. Crap. Crap. Crap. I had emptied a couple of things from it, but for the most part, I was pretty full. And that was the car I was driving. Could this day get better? So, I get to my apartment and load up the goodwill stuff first to take. I get to the drop off point and it's about 1:09. It looks like it's closed up. I pull up and there's a sign that says closed for lunch between 1-2. If I swore, I would have right then. I pull into a parking spot outside of B&N because I discovered a cupboard full of pots and pans the night before without any boxes to pack them in. I run inside to grab some boxes. I talk to Paul (which was a good part of the day) and say another goodbye to everyone on my way in and out. (I didn't get to see Jim, so that was another bad part of the day). I cannot wait until 2 to drop off my dishes and dolls, so I go back to my apartment, stop by the dumpster and toss it right in. I will admit the crash the dishes made was quite satisfying. I spend the next 2 hours trying to fit everything into my full car and vacuuming the heck out of my apartment. Now, since I knew I was moving out and was going to be doing a full board clean, I hadn't vacuumed in a few weeks. When you live in the Tri-Cities, this calls for lots of dirt in your carpet. I think I emptied out my vacuum more than 10 times in the few rooms I have. Dang. I'm feeling a little better at this point because who doesn't feel good when something you've worked so hard on looks so great. And my apartment looked great. I had been living there for over three years and it looked almost like it had when I moved in (some places looked better...just sayin'). I got the sign off from the management and was out and on my way back to Prosser. Oh, wait! I forgot the icing on the cake. When I was driving over in the morning (okay, it was the afternoon at that point...I had a very late night the night before), I was thinking to myself, something always seems to go wrong right before or during transit whenever I have moved to Utah...I really hope nothing happens this time. And I am not even kidding you, imaginary cyberspace friend, two seconds later, my check engine light comes on. It wasn't even a full 10 seconds later!! I should know at this point, I shouldn't think things like that. Anyways, I came home and pulled into the driveway. No one is home at my mom's house. Great. I have no key. I'm starving at this point because if you don't know this, grapefruit and yogurt don't last long and it's after four. So, I decide to treat myself to a lunch of Subway (oh, I'm going to be writing more about how I'm getting to my ideal weight in later blogs...btw, Jim, I had the lady put meat on only one side of the sub, the other was vegetarian, which is the side I ate for lunch...be proud). Even though my apartment was great, and I thought my mood was lifting, I find that as I'm eating, my mood really hasn't gotten better. I'm still grumpy. Hmmm...maybe working and cleaning some more will lift it. So, I spend the next several hours getting my mom's house ready to show. We listened to the Beach Boys and cleaned and talked. My mood got better. Then, I decided to sit down at the computer and write a blog about my grumpy day. By the second sentence, I am in tears. You know, maybe I wasn't grumpy all day. Maybe I was just sad.

Comments

  1. Wish I could give you a hug and listen to you vent it out. Everyone is always saying how great change is but it truly sucks. Its painful and scary. Anytime you need to process a grumpy day call me (unless I'm having a grumpy day and then you're out of luck!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will agree with you, change does suck! But if it brings me greater happiness, then I guess I can live with it. If it doesn't?? Well, then that's a whole nother issue. :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts