There Shall Be Great Rejoicing and Cake!

So, I'm getting ready to move next week (seriously, where has the time gone!) and just in the past two days, I've had two conversations with two different people that really hashed out my feelings about this. The first was last night after I got home from work. I had just worked my last shift with my fellow Merchandise Manager, Jim Higgins, with whom I had probably the best work relationship I've ever had with anyone. (That was just a side note.) I messaged him and told him I would miss him terribly and I couldn't believe I would never work with him again (sniff, sniff). And also that moving to Utah was the real deal. Here's exactly what I said, "as in as soon as I get down to Utah, it's for real. No more crap foods. No more being stagnant on my weight loss. I HAVE to be at my ideal weight before school starts or I don't know if I can do this. How can I tell someone else how to change their lives or lose weight if I'm still carrying around excess baggage myself? I can't. Pure and simple." It put that part of it sharply in focus. I had kind of known that I probably needed to get down to my ideal weight, but there is reason behind it and a deadline now. Of course, the next line I asked him to bring me some cake from his amazing baker wife, Kelly. Hey! I still have a week before it's serious :).

The next conversation I had was with my sister, Melanie, today. We were sitting at Applebee's (still have one week!) and she asked me if I was nervous about moving and without hesitation I said, no. I keep thinking I should be, but to be completely and totally honest, I have never once doubted this decision and because it is my decision and I feel I have the full support of Heaven in this, nothing but great things can come from this. I'm not saying it won't be hard. Nothing worth anything isn't hard. And in the end, this will be worth much. I then told her that with this move, I finally feel like my life is starting. That I had been floating through and now there is direction and a goal and life and light.  As soon as those words came out of my mouth, I knew they were true.

Hmmm...that's some serious stuff right there. I think I shall have to end this on a lighter note...cake!!

Comments

  1. Enjoy the cake while you still can! Today I made a rare diversion and went to the best pizza place. It was delicious.
    I know what you mean about the spirit calming nerves. I felt the same way when I quit my job. I kept thinking "shouldn't I be more freaked out by this?". Instead I felt a peace and knew I had done the right thing.
    I'm so glad your right thing takes you by me! Let me know if you need help moving.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts