Feeling A Country Song Coming On

Hmmm...what am I thinking about right now? Well, to be completely honest, I'm trying to think of a topic that doesn't have to do with "The Jungle Book" or being lazy. These are two ideas that I just tried to flesh out and it ended up with mass deletions. I'm listening to Lady Antebellum right now. You know, imaginary cyberspace friend, I used to hate country. As a teenager, I was convinced it was the worst music ever invented. Then, my friend, Kelly, introduced me to Reba McEntire. And you would think that since Reba is really real country that I would hate it, but I loved her. Well, I loved the one tape I had of her. So, I had to make a small concession that maybe all country wasn't an offense to my ears. And it went from there. I added Rascal Flatts to my group of favorites. I like Keith Urban. I like George Strait. I like Carrie Underwood. I like Sugarland. And I still like Reba. I will listen to country music stations for long periods of time and I find that I enjoy the songs that have to do with tractors (because a lot of them have to do with tractors and everything you can do with or in them). Yes, most of the country nowadays can be crossed over, so that may have a little to do with why I don't despise it anymore, but actually prefer it sometimes to the contemporary stations we have out here.
Subject Change: I'm moving in a few days. I feel good about it. Calm. That is something else that's going through my mind. Although, I may be a little more stressed out about it than I am thinking I am. I should know how I'm feeling, but sometimes it manifests itself in strange ways. Right now I seem to be eating a whole lot more crap. And I think it may be associated with all these changes in my life. Hmmm...it is good to realize this, imaginary cyberspace friend. So...I feel good and calm, but stressed. Ah, the joys of being a woman.

Comments

Popular Posts