And My Decision is...

I am still trying to decide the purpose of this blog, whether it is just a general smorgasbord of things (my thoughts on everything) or if it should have some sort of focus (my weight loss journey, or work, or family, or my dismal love life to name a few). I don't know. I hate making decisions. I will do it, but I almost always question whether I made the right one or not. I over think things in almost every aspect of my life. For example, I am thinking, maybe I shouldn't write that because what if someone reads it and it reflects badly on me or they think I can't make decisions or if I tell them I made a decision, they might doubt me because they read this...wow. I'm even confused and it is in my head. So, I am making a decision to keep that last paragraph in.

On a completely different topic...I love music. I have always loved music and for the most part, I can listen to a song and find some redeeming quality to it, even if it just makes me laugh because it is so bad. I love good music, though. I know a song is good or a singer is good when I lose myself in the song. I find breath almost stopping and I am totally focused on them/it. It is then that I pay attention to the song or singer. If it is a good fast song or hip hop song, I will find myself dancing unconsciously, even if it just my shoulders or feet moving. But for a song to be completely fabulous and to capture my attention longer than a week or month, it has to have two qualities. Number one is message. It has to speak to me and to my circumstances in a lasting way. It can't just be some bubble song about a boy or love (don't get me wrong, I am a sucker for a love song). It doesn't have to be a masterpiece of prose, just words that apply. Second is it has to have some unique quality in the music, that is beautiful. It doesn't have to be a classic song. I am not what you would call a music purist. I think today's artists have just as much right to go down in history as those from decades past. One off the top of my head is Adele. Her lyrics apply to my life (and to life in general) and it is unique as anything.

So, maybe it will be a smorgasbord. I like that. Decision made.

Comments

Popular Posts