It Comes in Threes

So, I was really hoping that it would be third time's a charm instead of bad things happen in threes. Really, I had great hope (well, it might have been squished way down by the overwhelming certainty that it would be the latter). I'm pretty sure that I hate...loathe ldsplanet. I haven't met one good person there. I have 54 messages from less than one month of being on this site. 54. I decided to go out with three of them. Well, we all know what happened with the first one (see the blog two posts back). The second one just misrepresented himself...and was a complete dunder head (once again...censoring this for my mother). The third one was the only one with potential. Or so I thought. I needed him to help restore some hope. It's really not his fault he was number three, but since he was, he gets the honor of being the one who nailed that last nail in the coffin. Even if he had just come out and told me he wasn't interested, I would have been okay with that. Disappointed, but understanding. I can respect the man who tells me upfront that he's not interested. I'm not left hanging. At all. And I appreciate that. I'm not hurt or angry (okay, maybe when this happened the first time, I was, but I have grown up...sorry Jason).

Well, where does this leave me. Does this leave me with the only option of being alone for the rest of my life? Does this leave me with getting a couple of cats and calling this life good? Hahahaha...I just had the silliest thought. I have become "that woman." The one person I never thought I would be. The woman who has one failed relationship/date after another. I truly thought once I decided to date, I would find the man I could be with, well, forever. But it has been one disaster after another. Hahaha...it really is funny when I think about how boring my teen years and even my twenties were, to think that this is the woman I am today. I am almost to the point where I could write a book about all my dating experiences. I just might. "A Year Online". YES! I am so going to do this. You know I've been wanting to write a book, Imaginary Cyberspace Friend, for quite awhile, but I haven't been able to nail down a topic. I thought I might write a teen book, but I got the first chapter done and stopped. I thought about writing about nutrition, but that can wait until I've been properly schooled. But my dating life. Now, THAT could be interesting. Yes, I am going to do this. I think it will be cathartic for me. And maybe by the end, I'll have some nice cats to keep me company.

Comments

  1. Read this. http://www.nytimes.com/2012/02/05/opinion/sunday/living-alone-means-being-social.html?_r=1&pagewanted=all
    Living alone does not mean you are the sociaphobe people once supposed you were. You can always come hang out with me!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts