Lovey


I've been feeling really lovey lately. I don't know what it is, but I feel the romance in my air...which is strange. Really strange. Well, if you consider when I should have been feeling all lovey, I was very pragmatic and slightly distant, I think it's strange. Right now is the time to be pragmatic and focused and everything opposite of feeling lovey is. (By the way, is lovey a word? Guess I'll find out when I hit the spell check button :)) I think it all started when I watched "My Life in Ruins", ya know, the one with the chick from "My Big, Fat Greek Wedding" who I can never remember her name, but is awesome nonetheless? I watched that movie and when it was done, just felt like a teenager who had a new crush (not on the chick, but the general feeling of crushing on someone). There's no better word to describe it, but lovey. I wanted to find a boy and just curl up next to him and tell him things. I think it's called cuddling. Hehe. I thought the feeling was a temporary thing because, as you all probably know, the feeling of a crush fades and is either replaced by love or hate or friendship or nothing at all. The lovey feeling, however, has remained. I found myself watching 5 hours of "Pride and Prejudice" last night. I have not watched it in years! Don't get me wrong, I'm a fan and I own both the original and the new, shorter one, but I haven't felt lovey enough in years to actually sit down and watch it. Last night, I came into my room looking for a movie to watch and immediately went for it. I usually think about what mood I'm in and then look through the movies to see which one I haven't seen in awhile and sometimes it's a hassle to just figure out which movie I want to watch (ahhh...the joys of being an analytical person). But last night it was all about Mr. Darcy and Elizabeth. Oh, and it could be no one else, but Colin Firth last night. I think when a girl watches the 5 hour version of "Pride and Prejudice" she has to be in an intense lovey mood. Because it's 5 hours of longing looks and well, pride and prejudice that culminates in that last fantastic scene where Darcy proposes again and Lizzy says her feelings are "quite the opposite" and Darcy gets this little grin on his face. I'm giggling and smiling just a little as I type. And I just sighed. Yup, I'm in a definite lovey mood. And I'm just throwing it out there, but is there anyone who wants to cuddle right now? Anyone? Anyone? I believe I'm hearing crickets right now.


I just did the spellcheck and lovey is a word. Woot!

Comments

  1. I get lovey-dovey when I watch those movies. I haven't seen My Life in Ruins but I will have to add it to my netflix.
    Colin Firth is so great in that movie. The way he stares longingly at Lizzy from across the room! Ahh.
    If you like that you really should watch the series of North and South. The guy who plays Mr. Thorton also has the british brooding stare down...Makes me weak in the knees!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts