Bo-ored


Well, I was bo-ored tonight! I got home around 4ish from work and immediately checked my facebook page (doesn't everybody?), found nothing of real interest. Decided to play a game of Mahjong Titans (I won!), then checked my email. At this point it is about 5 o'clock and dinner is in the oven. But I've run out of things to do. Bored. I look around my room and my eyes land on the book I've been trying to finish for awhile (Stephenie Meyer's "The Short Second Life of Bree Tanner") So, I lie down on my bed to finish the book. I fall asleep. The timer for my dinner wakes me, so I go out and enjoy a dinner of half an organic baked potato with chili and a little cheese on top, some grapefruit and some milk. I turn on the Redbox movie I picked up on the way home (When in Rome). I stare at the television for an hour and a half being amused by other people's depictions of "real" life and love (gag me). The movie wasn't that bad and if you like John Heder flashbacks, you'll enjoy this one. So, it's about 7:30 at this point. And I am still bored with my night. I lay back down on my bed and pick up my book once again (after I checked facebook because why not). This time I finish it. Eh. It kind of felt like she was trying to do a watered down version of Bella (or what Bella would have been like if she had been a vampire to begin with). Not super impressed, but then again, I think I'm through with my Twilight faze. Eclipse (the movie) did not impress me greatly and it was supposed to be the best one so far. Eh. I am still bored. I check facebook again. Email again. Play another game of Mahjong Titans, losing this time. Then I played a game of Hearts, again losing. Bo-ored. And I think to myself, "what can I do to entertain myself that doesn't cost any money?" Well...I was going to workout, but it was only 8:30 at this point, which is still a little early for me to go to my little gym. You see, imaginary cyberspace friend (ah, you didn't think I was talking to you this whole time, did you?), I don't particularly like working out in front of other people. Especially when I'm doing a Jillian workout. Although, come to think of it, I do them much better when I have an audience because I would hate to think someone would see the size of me and automatically judge me unworthy of being able to complete a Level 3 Jillian workout...but I digress (and they would be oh, so wrong). Anyway, I get all my stuff together and head out to my little gym, actually meeting people along the way because there's still a little bit of light left. I have my earphones in, so I can start my mental focus on the job ahead (hehe...I just don't really want to talk to anyone along the way). I arrive and to my great pleasure, my friend, Tony, is there. Usually I see Tony in the mornings, but he was there tonight doing his 25 minutes of walking. We strike up a conversation (I'll always take my headphones out for Tony). Now, Tony is an 83 year old California native and his grandson is coming in from NYC tomorrow. They are heading to a big family reunion where about 75 people will attend. Then, later this month he'll be going to a wedding and then attending his class reunion down in California. I learn all this and much more in the few minutes we chat before his 25 minutes are done and he says his goodbyes. Sigh. I'm going to miss Tony when I move. I start in on my warm-up, which is 5 minutes of progressively faster walking and moving my arms around to wake them up. I jump up and down a bit and then I'm ready to hit it. Tonight I'm listening to the original Twilight soundtrack to start off with (even though I'm basically through with Twilight, the soundtrack still rocks). Supermassive Black Hole starts up and I can feel this is going to be a great workout. There are times when I just know from the beginning how the workout will end. Sometimes I feel just so sluggish, I know I'm going to stop halfway through. Today, nothing was going to stop me from finishing all 5 circuits of training. Music pumps through me as I jump, pump, squat and swing. As I roll up and lie down, as I look in the mirror and see a hot girl looking back, with sweat dripping down her face, eyes determined (and perhaps a little smile every once and a while, then back to business). I finish up with a long stretch, trying to draw it out because I know once I get back to my apartment, boredom will be waiting for me. But I have to leave. Oh! Side note. During one of my cardio circuits I looked out the window and there was this creepy man just staring at me. Watching me do harpy's (which if you know what those are, they are not very attractive to behold, I'm sure. I think that's what made it creepy). I stopped and went into a ball on my mat for a minute, ready to lunge if he decided to come in. He didn't (good for him, as I am kind of ready to try out my martial arts moves on a person). I get back to my apartment and put all my stuff down (I carry 26 lbs of weights to the gym) and it is only about 10:30. Too early to go to bed. Plus, I'm all sweaty and gross, so I can't anyway. Hmmm...what to do, what to do. I've already watched a movie. I guess I'll check my facebook. Man, I am bo-ored.

Comments

  1. What a funny post! My work is so all-encompassing that I've almost forgotten what it feels like to be bored. It must be a nice emotion!
    At least when you move to Utah we can be bored together. I don't have a friend right now who calls spur of the moment looking for something to do. I would love that!
    Plus, having you here will be so motivating on the diet front. I've been doing great on eating but not as good on exercising since I've been sick. I need to get back on track.
    I'm still willing to help you find a place. Just let me know what you are looking for.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Rachel! I needed a friend I could call spur of the moment last night!! On the housing front, I'm looking for a private room, that's not toooo shabby, but is resonably priced. :) Roommates are probably a must...sigh. In the Salt Lake area. ;).

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'll ask around and see what I can find. Do you have any preferences on where in Salt Lake?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts