Decisions, Decisions

So, I've been feeling a bit blah today. Don't you just hate that feeling? You know, when there's really nothing out there that will lift your spirits? I know I do. This is when I usually exercise, but today I just don't feel like it. I also hate that feeling. Plus, I have to work, which may be the cause of my blahness. Hehe. I have a big decision right before me. Should I strike out on an adventure? Basically throwing away everything I've built here (which to be completely honest hasn't been that much) or do I stay here and just keep plodding along? Trying to make something of a life that I don't really like or want or imagined I would ever have. Hmmm...it doesn't seem like it would be a hard decision, but it is! The first involves risk and starting over at 30, which to me seems like I should have some stability in my life by time I'm 30. Staying here would mean stability, but starting over would mean making something of this life I've been given. It would be rough for a few years (well, the risk is there that it might be), but in the end, I think I would have a much more fulfilling career, and I would be making a difference, which is a need I have deep in my heart. It is almost a throbbing need to actually BE SOMETHING. Not famous or anything like that, but to have a life that I can look back on and be proud of. Something that allows me to leave a legacy behind. I have given myself a deadline of July 1st and until then, I am going to keep going back and forth. I know this about myself. I am an analytical person that has to have all my ducks in a row before I jump. But jump I will if it is the right thing for me.

Comments

  1. I debated for 3 years about leaving my thankless job and finally had the guts to do it- best decision I ever made. It was hard and took me 6 months to decide to work for myself but I knew it was right. I find that if something keeps tugging at you and you aren't happy a change needs to be made.
    Call me if you want to hash it all out. I can truly relate to the fears and the frustrations.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts