An Active Lifestyle?

My trainer says I need a more active lifestyle. I couldn't agree more, but what? I could walk up and down my stairs a few times. I could run around the block (I already do that, but that doesn't necessarily constitute an active lifestyle). I could go hiking more (but really? Who wants to go hiking alone all the time?). I could walk to Kneaders instead of driving. I used to be active, I thought, but maybe I wasn't. Trying to put this single life back together has left me with a lot of time to watch television...a lot of time. I hate television, so the fact that I watched 6 hours of it in a row the other day says something about how inactive my lifestyle is right now. I can only exercise a certain amount of time in the day, so what do I do to fill the rest of it? In an active way, of course. I really don't know. Everything I can think of costs money, and who isn't trying to save money these days? Everyone I know is, so that rules out a lot of extracurricular activities. I thought about buying a baseball bat and a bunch of baseballs because there are two baseball diamonds behind my house, and maybe I still will, but after I got all excited about it, I realized it was 100 degrees outside. Plus, I would have to go fetch all the balls myself, which I guess would be an active thing to do.... I'm going to have to think about this, but so far I've come up with a big, fat nothing besides what I'm already doing. Ugh.

Comments

  1. Interesting for your trainer to put that into your head. The fact that it got you thinking about it is awesome. So the minute you sit down to watch tv you know you need to limit yourself and then go for a walk after. For me it's asking friends and family to join me for exercise. So once a week I go with my mother in law. Once a week I meet up with a friend, it gives me a commitment. Gardening is a good one. These activities do not take place of the gym. I saw a guy the other day at the park with a tennis racket simple serving the 6 balls to the other side, collecting them all and serving again. And then he continued to play against the wall. It looked fun! I might just try it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I find it difficult to enjoy exercising but embracing swimming has helped a lot. Entering the race gave me a goal but it also has helped me meet an entire network of new friends who all have the same interest in swimming that I do.
    It would be nice if you could find a class like a yoga or dance class where you could make a few friends. I wish you were more of a swimmer!
    Also, buy some free weights and work out (or do some stretching routines) while watching TV! I personally love TV so it is my guilty pleasure.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts