Ranting and Raving...Ridiculous

So, I was out this morning/afternoon with a friend from work, John. About a month ago we decided to become gym buddies and today was the first day of the gym buddiness. It was really good and I had a fun time with another person there. I've never had a gym buddy before and I liked it. We went to eat at Subway after the workout and were just talking about our dating lives, and I told him that sometimes I just want to rant and rave about dating. And I know, all you single (and married) people out there can feel my pain. It's ridiculous. Absolutely ridiculous. If I were married there is no way I would ever get divorced if only for the fact that I would never, ever want to go through the dating process again! I say bring on the counseling/therapy/shock therapy. Anything to not have to go through this again. With that said...I'm a picky dater. I never thought I would say that, but it's true. Once the opportunities started coming, I found that I couldn't just settle for the first person who came along because they showed some interest in me. He was completely wrong for me and I would have steamrolled all over him, so I don't feel bad about that one, but he was also a completely nice guy. (Yeah, he won't read this blog). Anyway, I decided to take a month off of dating because I wasn't getting anywhere and my pickiness was starting to wear thin on me, plus it was holiday at work, so it seemed like a good time to do it. Well, it's January and I said I wanted to have a date lined up by the 20th...well, it's the 20th and it is getting ridiculous out there. It seems like from the month of December to the month of January men have lost their, um....you fill in the blanks. What happened, men? Where are you? Like I said...ridiculous. I am going to list my perfectly unbiased qualifications for you and you be the judge: I am smart. Beautiful (and p.s. I'm only getting better looking as I get older). I want commitment (is that a problem for LDS men somehow??). I actually want to be a mother and be a dang good one at that. I am a leader. I am focused. I am tall (hello! Tall is sexy). I can cook. I eat healthy. I workout and want to prolong my life. I love to travel. I am happy 95% of the time (yes, I have a period because I'm a woman in my early 30's, so it's not all sunshine all the time). I'm a good person in general. I have no outstanding warrants for my arrest. I'm a little reserved. I'm a runner. I'm a fighter. I want to be a lover. I have intelligent thoughts that sometimes come out a little silly. Sometimes my silly thoughts come out a little intelligent. And if all else fails...I'm a U.S. Citizen. So, with all that going for me, I don't understand why it is so ridiculous going right now. They (and when I say they...I literally mean every person who's ever given me advice on dating) say to be patient, that someone, the right one, will come along (of course, then they also say it's hard to believe someone hasn't snatched me up...picky much?). I do choose to believe them...95% of the time.

Well, I hope you have enjoyed my little rant and rave about dating. Oh, ridiculous dating. How I wish for thy death*.

*But only if a ring on my finger supersedes it.

Comments

  1. When you think of all the stupid people that are married you will realize it has nothing to do with qualifications. To be honest I think its all a big crap game- luck and a roll of the dice. Does it make you feel better that if I was a guy you are totally the type I'd want to marry? Keep a chin up. You will find someone great. Remember you've got to kiss a lot of frogs before you find the prince? :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts